Saturday, October 18, 2008

Week in review

Well, for what seems like the first time in months, I actually have something to talk about under this heading.

So, as I've been so happy about, I've started a new job this past week. Fucking finally! Anyway, it has 4 weeks of training before I hit the floor to support West Legal Publishing. Lots of very expensive books, that have annual upkeep in the thousands of dollars. Yep, for books. Neat huh? Anyway, most of the training is learning our way through the multiple software suites used, including a somewhat prevelant German database (from the looks of it) called SAP. It's not too hard, just another chunck of software to learn to use. I think my biggest problem might be making sure I don't say the wrong greating when I take a call. That would be embarasing...
When I'm finally on the floor, my shift is going to run 10:30 to 7:00. While I was hoping to score the 10:00 to 6:30 shift or a 9:30 to 6:00 shift, that one will be okay. I can sleep till about 9 every day, and easily make it to work on time. A bit of a late shift, but not too bad. Although, it will mean I'll be running late for game. Which is, of course, the reason I wanted an earlier shift. *chuckle* We'll see how things go if they decide to keep me on (man, I really hope they do to, I'd love some steady work, no worries about being out of work between jobs again).

I'm also a big fan of their days off (unpaid, but I'll live). Thanksgiving and the day after off. That's going to be REALLY nice. As will having Xmas and the day after Xmas off. I have no problem working Xmas eve. None at all. And while I won't get New Year's Eve off, I will get New Years Day off. Lawyers Holidays...

Best thing about this though? All the hot, HOT bill-paying action I'm going to get up to next week!! Aw-yeah, is it going to be out of sight! I mean, just wild, WILD good times. While I like getting all the phone calls (I get lonely too sometimes...), they have such a hostile tone. They really want my money. REALLY want it. Now I can finally get the wolf a bit further from the door. (We've been getting close these last few weeks, and alas I've had no vodka to give said wolf...)

Let's see, what else. Oh, I'm just under $40 from finishing off my Full Metal Alchemist collection. I found a site that has all the ones I'm missing (8, 9, 10, 11, and 13. I won 12 at CONvergance a few years ago) for $7.99 each. And they're not even pirates or anything! While it's not on the "to-get" list right off, I should be able to make the purchase next month. Hopty!
So, yeah, that's that. Now I just have to get back into the swing of these long Friday/Saturday's.

No comments: